Sunday, November 8, 2015

Our October in a Nutshell

 
October.... it's going to be a hard one to beat. November you've got your work cut out for you.
 
 

Between our Adoption Finalization, Temple Sealing, Millie's Baby Blessing, pumpkin patches, and our favorite holiday we are on cloud 9 and REALLY tired. 

One of my favorite moments of the month was when Olivia and I went to try and find the perfect dress for her to wear to the temple.  It wasn't an easy task I will tell you that.  Besides not wanting to spend a months salary on a dress and finding one that was the perfect fit, we looked and looked!



Then we found "it" and she twirled and twirled in the dressing room like she was getting married to her 1st Grade Crush. I barely could bribe her enough to take it off to go home. We must have had the discussion 12 times about having to keep the dress in the clear plastic cover and we could only try the dress on to show dad and Nana.  I think she wanted to wear it for school lunch and to go to the post office. I could have gotten her to do basically anything if she could wear the dress while doing so.  I told her she looked beautiful and she looked at me at said "really?". My heart sunk as I thought I clearly must not tell her how stunning she is on the outside and inside enough.  It was like she didn't believe me.  It was a moment of clarity and commitment that I need to emphasize the beauty in her. I see it everyday, I just need to tell HER!  I love these little moments with she and I and it makes me realize how I took them for granted all those years! A child grasps onto every word we say, especially when it has to do with their character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment